At Kensho, we hire talented people and give them the autonomy, support, and resources needed to build cutting edge technology and products for our parent company, S&P Global. As a result, we produce technology that solves the challenges of one of the world’s largest, most successful financial institutions.
As a software engineer on the Internal Tools & Test Infra Team, you are a thoughtful, collaborative, and seasoned technologist who is passionate about designing and integrating the tooling that enables Kensho engineers to build high quality and reliable products. You bring the “know how” in scaling a dynamic company’s infrastructure toolkit and have experience building custom solutions when necessary. While you are detail-oriented, you excel at looking at a problem from a high level, gathering requirements, and challenging the status quo.
Are you looking to make impactful, scalable contributions that could transform the way people think about data? If so, we would love to help you excel here at Kensho. We take pride in our team-based, tightly-knit Kenshin community that provides our employees with a collaborative, supportive environment that brings transparency to the biggest challenges in data.
What You'll Do
- Design and build tooling and infrastructure to help engineering teams measure and increase their velocity
- Implement best practices on top of automated frameworks for unit, integration, end-to-end, smoke, dirt, and other testing approaches
- Collaborate with engineering teams to identify pain points and develop well-architected and scalable solutions
- Cultivate full team participation in high quality, thoughtful software
- Improve build and deploys for web based financial applications
What We Look For
- At least 3 years relevant industry experience
- Experience with application testing & deployment infrastructure, including front-end deployments
- Experience with continuous integration frameworks
- Proficiency in Python, familiarity with JS
- Experience with shell scripting (Bash, Sh) and package managers (npm, pipenv)
How to Really Get Our Attention
- Major technical contributor at top software companies
- Open source projects, research, publications and patents showing innovation and initiative
- Hedge fund or major financial institution experience
- Financial expertise with strong math and stats
Technologies We Like
- Ubuntu linux or similar operating systems
Benefits & Perks
- At Kensho, we pride ourselves on providing top-of-market benefits, including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance - 100% company paid premiums
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 18 weeks of 100% paid Parental Leave (paternity and maternity)
- 401(k) plan with 6% employer matching
- Generous company matching on donations to non-profit charities
- Up to $20,000 tuition assistance
- Plentiful snacks, drinks, and regularly catered lunches
- Dog-friendly office (CAM office)
- In-office gyms and showers (CAM, DC) or Equinox membership (LA, NYC)
- Stipend towards commuter or gym reimbursement
- Bike sharing program memberships
- Compassion leave and elder care leave
- Mentoring and additional learning opportunities
- Opportunity to expand professional network and participate in conferences and events
Kensho uses machine learning, artificial intelligence, natural language processing and data visualization techniques to solve some of the hardest analytical problems and create breakthrough financial intelligence solutions for our parent company, S&P Global.
Kensho was founded in 2013 by Harvard & MIT alums and was acquired by S&P Global in 2018 for $550M, the largest FinTech AI acquisition ever. Kensho continues to operate as a startup in order to maintain our distinct, independent brand and to promote our breakthrough, innovative culture. Our team of Kenshins enjoy a dynamic and collaborative work environment that runs autonomously from S&P, while leveraging the unparalleled breadth and depth of data and resources available as part of S&P Global.
As Kenshins, we pride ourselves on maintaining an innovative culture that depends on diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer that welcomes future Kenshins with all experiences and perspectives.
Kensho is headquartered in Cambridge, MA, with offices in New York City, Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.