Software Engineer II at Thrasio
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:26 p.m. (EST) on Monday, April 11, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
Data Access and Business Services (DABS) is responsible for the services that contain some of the most business-critical data at Thrasio such as the product catalog, inventory tracking, finance and marketing data. We work to ensure that our data is accessible to our warehouse so that it can be used to drive our intelligence efforts, and we work with the connectivity team to ensure that we’re syncing everything with the external sources we use. We also provide a suite of tooling to internal customers so that they can interact with and manage the functionality and data of our services.
- Design, build, test and operate services, APIs and databases that will be responsible for being the source of truth for data that is core to Thrasio’s business and will be leveraged by teams across the company
- Contribute to adding functionality and features to our internal portal for teams to interact with and manage the data within the services that the team is responsible for
- Work closely with Data Connectivity and Data Warehouse teams to standardize on how data is represented in data warehouses and visualizations as well as across 3rd party services
- Partner with other engineers and product managers on the team to build and groom a roadmap of new ideas and improvements to the services and UIs within the domain based on customer feedback
- Contribute to the overall engineering organization’s efforts to establish best practices and help refine our onboarding processes
What You Bring to the Party:
- 2+ years of work experience
- Strong programming skills in Python or an equivalent language
- Experience working with relational databases (MySQL, Postgres) and designing data models
- Experience with continuous integration, test automation, and deployment
- Experience with observability in distributed and service-oriented systems
- Experience in microservice architecture design and best practices
- Experience with API design and best practices
- Exposure to modern frontend development technologies (e.g. React, Vue)
Nice To Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent working experience
- Expert level programming skills with Python
- Knowledge of python frameworks, such as Django, Flask, etc
- Experience architecting client-side Single Page Applications
- Experience working in a high growth startup environment
Not sure you check every box?
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.