Software Engineer II, Scale at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We are looking for a software engineer to contribute on the team responsible for scaling our cloud platform and infrastructure. Toast’s platform processes tens of millions of requests per day from hundreds of internal services and tens of thousands of mobile devices; these numbers grow exponentially year over year as we add new restaurants and capabilities to the platform. Our team is responsible for developing secure, observable, highly available, large-scale shared services and infrastructure.
About this roll*:
- Designing, building, and maintaining super reliable, high performance services and infrastructure
- Diagnosing performance bottlenecks and implementing optimizations across infrastructure, database, web, and mobile applications
- Learn about new technologies from industry authorities
- Actively contributing to product design and feature selection discussions
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Proficient in object oriented languages
- Able to learn new technologies and techniques