Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Every day, many thousands of servers, hosts, and chefs use Toast POS to serve millions of guests in their restaurants. To make our restaurants successful, we need to develop products that install painlessly, work together seamlessly, and quickly guide restaurant staff and Toast team members to resolve any problems that occur.
The Device Experience team (DEX) sits at the intersection of hardware and software and builds software that creates a frictionless experience for customers using Toast hardware. Starting from the first time a device is provisioned until its end-of-life, the team takes a system-oriented approach crafting solutions that take software, hardware, networking, user experience, people and processes into account to provide the best results for our users. DEX partners with a broad set of teams including POS R&D, Hardware R&D, UX, Hardware Operations, Customer Success, and Onboarding.
Recent DEX projects include:
- Full-stack tools to safely release and roll out new POS features to our tablets
- Automating the hardware provisioning process for our Hardware Operations teams
- Designing a painless plug-and-play experience for restaurants to install new devices
- Standardizing our customer networks for security, monitoring and analytics
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer for this team. The strongest candidates will be full-stack engineers who are experts at working with a variety of technologies. Front-end development skills are a plus to complement the team’s current deep Android and Java skills. This position is ideal for a cross-discipline problem solver who likes to start with the customer first and leverage software, UX, process, and people to achieve great real-world results.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Design, build and maintain full-stack software products on our React, Java/Kotlin, Android, and AWS platform
- Collaborate with PM and UX to create easy-to-understand UIs for customers and internal users
- Ensure team makes solid technical decisions and team output is high quality
- Drive team results and impact
- Manage team projects and process in collaboration with PM
- Grow and develop team members through coaching and feedback
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Full stack experience building cloud services and web UIs
- Proficient in Java or other object oriented languages (Kotlin experience welcome)
- Passionate about solving large scale problems and building great software for internal and external customers
- Mobile experience or interest in learning more about Android
- Technical experience on multi-person projects
Our Spread of Total Rewards
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
#oneteam #leadwithhumility #alwaysbehungry #LI-remote
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.