Software Engineer II - Experiences & Rentals
TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, is looking for a talented Full-Stack Software Engineer for a key role on the Experiences & Vacation Rentals team in its Boston office at North Station.
Our overall business is the wildly successful travel website www.tripadvisor.com. Our websites and mobile apps provide our users with a rich user experience to research, collaborate, and contribute. We are building a platform to connect our traveler community of 350 million monthly visitors with unique vacation homes across the globe, and we are looking for someone who gets excited by working at this scale.
The Experiences & Vacation Rentals team, a separate business unit within TripAdvisor, is building the next big product - making it easy for our customers to research and book vacation rental.
As a Full-Stack Software Engineer you will be responsible for delivering code within Vacation Rentals. You will be working on a wide range of projects, including integrating with vacation rental management platforms, building APIs for third party suppliers to integrate their inventory into TripAdvisor, building micro-services, working on a PCI compliant payment platform, as well as delivering rich content and user experience to our travelers researching vacation rentals for their next vacation. In short, your work will encompass the key areas of execution for the Vacation Rentals business. We move quickly, projects are short (in average 3 days), and you will ship almost every day features used by millions of people.
TripAdvisor is well known for having an extremely strong engineering organization – you will be working with the best and getting stuff done, in the fastest growing area of an incredibly profitable, growing, fun company.
- You have a BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have 4+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- You have a solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO Design with rock-solid programming skills
- You have some experience in large scale, full life cycle development
- You have strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity. A desire and ability to "get things done" are essential requirements
- You want to work in a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
- Startup experience is definitely a plus