Software Engineer II, Core Menu Configuration at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is looking for a Software Engineer to join the team responsible for our Core Menu Configuration APIs and UI Pages. The Toast system currently supports a wide variety of configurations and pricing structures for a restaurant’s menu items. These menu items are then published and referenced by our Android tablets (keyed by waitstaff), consumers (online orders) and partners (via our APIs). These items are used in the process of creating and updating every single order that enters the system. In order to meet the demands of scale and complexity, we will need to build a system that is both increasingly extensible, robust, scalable and deliverable continuously. We need your help to improve our platform and add the next generation of features to this critical part of our product.
About this roll*:
- Design, build and maintain performant, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Participate in all aspects of the software life cycle on a small team of Engineers
- Diagnosing performance bottlenecks and implementing optimizations for services which deal with hundreds of millions of requests
- Think in terms of the end-user and design accordingly
- Actively contribute to product design and feature selection discussions
- Participating in code reviews to ensure technical implementations meet functional requirements
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Experienced with an Object Oriented Language; Java or Kotlin are a plus
- A lifelong learner
- Known for having a get unblocked attitude
- Exposure to tiered web application architecture and databases a plus
- Exposure to microservices or a SaaS product is a plus
- Exposure to a front-end framework like React is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required