Software Engineer (Full-Stack Node.js/Web) at Markforged
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:06 p.m. (EST) on Monday, January 25, 2021
As a Software Engineer focusing on Full-stack Node.js Web development, you will be building out Markforged’s 3D printer/content management system and web-based slicer (Eiger - visit https://www.eiger.io). This is a true full-stack position, ranging from designing REST APIs, utilizing AWS services, optimizing Postgres queries, and implementing new 3D views in WebGL.
In this role you will:
- Design, build, and maintain a world-class multi-tenant website for storing, editing, and printing 3D designs
- Enable enterprise-class system integrations by creating powerful APIs and beautiful user interfaces
- Work with engineers across the company to build new features at large scale
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Plan for the growth of Markforged's infrastructure
Important Note: Although we are about to list out what we generally look for, we are likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
What we look for:
- 1+ year experience building and shipping high quality code with strong CS fundamentals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Proficiency in writing Node applications
- Experience with contemporary web development frameworks (Angular, React/ Redux, etc)
- Experience with cloud systems such as AWS or Azure
- Have excellent verbal & written English communication
- Know your way around a UNIX shell
- Proficiency in scaling Node applications to support thousands of users
- Experience building APIs, Services and Scaling Systems
- Significant Experience with Schema Design and Query Optimization with SQL
- Proficiency in performance optimization, parallelization, and/or distributed systems
- Experience with single-sign on technologies such as AWS Cognito, Auth0, or Okta
- Can design and implement tooling and automation for clustering, scaling, monitoring and alerting
- Experience with web-based visualization frameworks (Canvas, D3, Three.js, WebGL and more)
- Experience with CAD/CAM software and 3D modeling libraries
- We use Apple computers and G-suite collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change
What is Markforged?
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 250 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Software Engineering team, you will be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services. We move at a breakneck pace but refuse to compromise on quality. We believe in “doing it right the first time” and investing in code quality, testing, tooling and infrastructure. Your ideas will directly influence the company's future. You will do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best engineers across Materials Science, Mech-E, EE, and Software.
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more. Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks. You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description