Software Engineer, Finance Automation at Hopper
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:59 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, August 18, 2021
• Thorough understanding of at least one modern programming language such as Scala, Java, or Python
• Experience working in a cloud environment with data warehouse technologies such as BigQuery, Redshift, Athena and Snowflake
• Experience with designing and building large scale data pipelines with Function-as-a-Service frameworks like Lambas and Cloud Functions
• Demonstrable experience with SQL, HQL, CQL, etc.
• Backend development experience with Scala, Java, Python, unix shell scripting
• Experience building ETL pipelines is a strong plus
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
• Effective analytical skills
About the job
Our new Finance Automation team is working closely with financial analysts, application engineers, data scientists and product owners to build an integrated platform for reliably tracking, understanding and growing our business. If you share a passion for building gold-standard process automation and data infrastructure, we’d love to talk to you.
As a Software Developer at Hopper, you will leverage the latest technologies to solve challenging problems that will impact millions of users. You will collaborate with a team of talented engineers, break down complex problems, and implement robust and scalable solutions.
- Develop and scale the data processing pipelines feeding our data warehouse and financial ledgers
- Build integrations with third-party APIs to create new data sources.
- Define data requirements, identify data sources, design and implement appropriate ETL processes using Google Cloud technologies
- Work closely with engineers, product managers and finance analysts to understand data needs.
- Deploy automated data pipeline management and monitoring.
- Experiment with new tools and technologies to improve efficiency.
- Establish and maintain rigorous data quality standards in our data pipelines and core datasets.
- Implement systems to measure data quality and consistency.
- Identify and resolve issues with tools, data and pipelines based on internal customer impact.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description