Software Engineer, Consumer Products at CarGurus
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work’s made a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we’re expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus’ Consumer Team is looking for a Software Engineer to help our users find the car they’re looking for as efficiently as possible. See your solutions impact millions of global users on a daily basis as you tackle challenges such as:
- Improve search experience and performance for millions of users across millions of cars globally
- Make the car shopping experience enjoyable and more transparent
- Help users discover the right car for them
- Enable new ways of buying cars, such as buying online and having your car delivered
- Build out platforms to enable us to iterate faster and respond to our consumers quicker
- Launch and grow new markets, we’re already in US, Canada, UK, Germany, Italy, Spain with more countries to come
- Work in a cross-functional team with data analysts, product managers, and of course other engineers.
- Participate in whiteboard sessions and design conversations on engineering the best solution to the challenges at hand.
- Test out new ideas with novel and quick experiments.
- Write clean, well-tested, and efficient code.
- Iterate rapidly and deploy changes daily.
- Collaborate with and be mentored by seasoned engineers.
- Have fun!
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Working knowledge of MySQL or similar relational database
- Some experience with building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large-scale applications preferred
- Drawn to and thrive in a fast-paced environment that pushes code daily
- Able to work independently, as well as collaboratively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK—with other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.