Software Engineer - Backend
Software Engineer - (Backend)
What you'll do:
You will work with Kyruus Product Managers to understand requirements and translate them into features and capabilities. In addition to coding, you will understand requirements, figure out what to build, and then build it. You will work on both existing and new products. You will embrace Agile development practices to bring predictability and accountability to your tasks. In addition to quality of features, you will also measure impact of your deliverables through the enablement of our Field Teams in their ease, efficiency, and seamless integration and deployment for our customers.
You'll be successful if:
- You have 1+ years’ experience developing commercial SaaS software using modern architectures and design patterns for performance, scalability, availability, and seamless deployment.
- You enjoy coding and deliver high-quality, robustly designed, easy-to-reason-about software with your proficiency in Python and ability to use Flask to build microservices.
- You are able to troubleshoot issues, identify root cause of errors in code, and provide effective solutions. You take responsibility for quality and always write comprehensive unit and functional tests.
- You are skilled at communicating your ideas and designs to your teammates, actively ask for help, seek opportunities to share relevant knowledge.
- You have experience in at least one of –
- Data pipeline infrastructure and tools such as job scheduling, bash scripting, JSON manipulation, SQL, and schema design.
- Experience with search applications or recommender systems utilizing open source search engines such as Elasticsearch, SOLR/Lucene.
- Experience with SaaS software and web APIs
You'll be amazing if you are all of the above, plus:
- You are comfortable using Amazon Web Service components (e.g., EC2, S3, EMR, ELB, Lambda) to build scalable, resilient solutions.
- You have knowledge of managing and optimizing scalable and distributed databases, SQL and/or NoSQL.
- You have knowledge of performance optimization, parallelization, and distributed systems.
- You believe continuous integration and monitoring is important, and have familiarity with tools such as Jenkins, NewRelic, and Sentry.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.