Software Engineer, Back End
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The Software Engineer, Back End will engineer interfaces for Indigo’s customer-facing applications and backend data solutions that support large-scale data transport. This person is responsible for maximizing reusability and testability of the software. This person will also be a critical member of a highly efficient and cohesive engineering team that is focused on the customer’s needs and requirements.
- Implement performant APIs according to well-defined technical specifications
- Leverage existing API design patterns to maintain organizational consistency
- Ensure that all APIs are fully tested in an automated framework, including functional and performance tests
- Work collaboratively with rest of Engineering team and cross-functional stakeholders
- Extremely focused on the customer (Application Developer, Data Engineer) and their API needs
- Deep commitment to quality, reliability, scalability and maintainability
- Works and interacts well with software engineering, product management, customers, and non-technical users
- Passion for Indigo mission and values
- Strong communication skills
- Able to learn new technologies quickly and stay up-to-date with best practice trends; not afraid to ask questions
- Results oriented, demonstrating an ability to meet deadlines
- 1-3+ years professional experience developing software
- Understanding of software design, including versioning, isolation and micro-services
- Familiarity with AWS preferred
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment required
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.