Software Engineer - Automation at Interactions
Interactions, LLC is the world’s largest independent AI company. We operate at the intersection of customer experience and AI – two of today’s most innovative and dynamic industries. Since 2004, we’ve helped leading companies like MetLife, Hyatt, Shutterfly, and LifeLock have millions of successful conversations, resulting in saving operational cost and increasing productivity.
Interactions’ 5-year vision is to accelerate a transition from today’s frustrating and uninspired customer service experiences into amazing conversational engagements! Allowing customers to communicate in their own words and on their channel of choice, to accomplish tasks, all without having to go through an agent. In doing this via our conversational AI engine, our customers benefit from dramatically improved customer experience and increased customer engagement, while also saving significant and demonstrable operational expenses.
We are looking for a junior level developer passionate about Java/Python and looking to expand their skill set into the area of QA Automation. This person will be Designing, implementing and maintaining a functional UI and performance testing infrastructure as well as working to Maintain and optimize the framework to handle larger scale under load and stressful conditions. They will be responsible for designing, developing, and conducting tests and automation test procedures prior to product launches to ensure software quality, while being cost-effective.
Essential Job Functions*:
- Review product design documentation to ensure that requirements stated are correct, logical and verifiable.
- Maintain effective communication with developers throughout the software development life cycle.
- Create and maintain methods and test plans for new and existing products.
- Execute test methodologies in order to verify functionality and performance ahead of release to the customers.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities and methodologies.
- Design, develop and document test automation and application frameworks
- Design, develop and document sophisticated test automation class libraries
- Help identify and implement testability features (such as detection mechanisms) in the application components under test
- Help to define, establish, and improve QA metrics across various platform components
- Provide mentorship and training to other QA engineers in coding guidelines/test
- Coach other Quality Engineers in best software engineering practices in test automation and design
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to demonstrate Interactions Values of:
- Being passionate about customer service
- Obsessing with our customer’s success
- Respecting each other
- Creating opportunity
- Embracing disruption
- Doing what we say we will do
Preparation, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Enrolled in or have completed a B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 2+ years as a Software Developer interested in moving into Automation.
- 2+ years coding experience in Perl, Python, Java or C/C++
- Ability to gain an understanding of complex systems, how they integrate, and their operation in a wide variety of circumstances.
- Experience with Networking protocols such as TCP/IP, MRCP, DNS
- A Strong technical background that ideally includes exposure to Java based development architecture, Linux, SQL, SCM, and Agile methodology.
- SDLC/Process Improvement
- Strong knowledge of automation tools and frameworks such as Selenium, JUnit, and TestNG
- Experience working in a Java/J2EE environment
- Experience debugging and capturing backend failures and network issues
- QA planning
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail/thoroughness
- Self-motivated, pro-active and able to multi-task
- Working knowledge of scripting languages, such as Ruby, Python or Perl
- Experience with continuous automation/test tools such as Jenkins/Hudson
- Understanding of relational databases and SQL
- Experience using testing tools such as JMeter, NUnit or Selenium
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Up to 10% travel may be required.
- General office environment. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within the office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit or stand for long periods, use hands and fingers for typing and to handle computer controls. Heavy phone and computer usage is required for this position.