Software Development Engineer in Test
Here at Smartsheet, our team thrives under a lightweight, Agile-like process. We build collaboration software and a collaborative environment is what we offer! With the amount of growth we're experiencing, there is no shortage of problems to be solved. Now is a great time to join our team - we're going to be huge!
We are looking for an SDET join our team with full stack automation experience. At heart, you are a hands-on tester who eagerly meets new challenges, values stability, and will be able to increasingly contribute to the success of our award winning software.
This position will report to the Quality Assurance Manager and is based out of Boston, MA.
- Own, design, document, and execute test plans
- Work effectively with Development, Product Management, and Infrastructure Engineering
- Be a customer advocate
- Design and implement various tools for efficient testing
- Adopt and establish best engineering practices for the team
- 3+ years of testing experience in a SaaS environment
- Experience with API (REST Web Services) automation
- Experience with Selenium automation a plus
- Strong coding skills with 3+ years of experience in one of the mainstream OO languages (Java, C#, Python)
- Quick learner with passion for testing and becoming a domain expert
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong understanding of QA processes and concepts including test case preparation, and testing methodologies
- Understanding of the agile framework a plus
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Our Company Culture
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work everyday. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Benefits & Perks
Take advantage of Smartsheet's lucrative incentive plans and competitive base salary. Additionally, we offer comprehensive medical/dental/vision with fully paid premiums for you and your dependents, fifteen vacation days per year to start (with unlimited rollover), flexible sick time, 10 paid holidays, paid parental leave, 401k, commute subsidy, adjustable desks, crazy fast computers, and dual monitors for everyone.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.