Software Development Engineer (Data Services Engineer)
Would you like to join a dynamic and exciting Software Engineering and Technical Operations organization that uses cutting edge technologies to deliver a world changing product that has a direct impact on the lives of cancer and rare disease patients worldwide? Join our growing team and use your exceptional technical and leadership skills to help us deliver on our mission of democratizing Data-Driven Medicine. Our products are used by thousands of healthcare institutions globally and provide world leading capabilities for the analysis of genomic, clinical, and imaging data.
In order to augment our Data Services team we are looking for a Software Development Engineer (Data Services Engineer) in Massachusetts, US.
As a Software Development Engineer (Data Services Engineer), you will report to a team lead in Data Services, and work together with a team of Engineers on developing large-scale data services and data warehouses powering our platform in the digital healthcare sector.
Our platform is a one-of-a-kind globally distributed information system that brings together hospitals and labs to provide data ingestion and processing, analysis and modeling, reporting and intelligence, distribution and sharing of a multitude of complex sources of structured and unstructured data, including genomics, imaging, and clinical data, delivered as a multi-tenant SaaS platform on the cloud.
You will be performing end-to-end delivery of data services, data warehouses, and other projects, aided by your team lead and your team members as part of our Software Development Lifecycle. This will include design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment, maintenance, and support of the services and other projects owned by your team. You will be responsible for the design of individual components of the services and will collaborate on a daily basis with senior technical staff in- and outside of the team. You will participate in the evaluation new technologies and implement POCs for future services. You will actively participate in code and design reviews with other members of the team. As needed for your projects, you will participate in estimation and risk-assessment, and exchange with stakeholders in Product and Project Management and other departments.
You will participate in the team’s recurring activities and help organize them. You will share your knowledge of best practices in the team and support more junior team members.
Some travels to SOPHiA offices in Boston will be required (up to 10%).
You have demonstrated experience in developing reliable and performant data services and also have a firm grasp on the underlying storage challenges. You are excited by the prospect of designing and implementing the delivery of large amounts of data from and to cloud applications. You have a basic understanding of the domain of genomics and digital healthcare and care for the impact you can have in this field. You know modern software engineering processes, have good knowledge of tools, technologies, and best practices. You seek to exchange regularly and communicate effectively with other members of your team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent professional experience,
- 2 years’ experience in the software engineering field,
- Demonstrated experience working on Service-Oriented Architectures, Microservices, and APIs,
- Excellent knowledge in Java (Spring, Hibernate) and Python,
- Knowledge of Big data platforms (Spark...), stream processing and functional programming,
- Good knowledge of modern scalable database technologies and SQL,
- Good knowledge of GraphQL,
- Good knowledge of software engineering best-practices, Agile, CI/CD,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills,
- Experience with distributed Data Warehouses is a plus,
- Knowledge of digital healthcare, genomics and digital image analysis is a plus,
- Excellent level of English.
- A flexible, friendly and international working environment with a collaborative atmosphere
- An exciting company mission that brings together science and technology to directly impact the lives of patients with life threatening illness.
- A fast-growing company with plenty of opportunity for personal growth and development
- A hard technical challenge to solve with exciting modern technology - cloud computing, Big Data, DevOps, machine learning
Location: HOME OFFICE (Massachusetts and the surrounding states, 2-3h from Boston)
Start: ASAP (or as agreed)
Contract type: permanent full-time
If you think you fit this position, please send a CV and a cover letter. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered.
After an initial screening process, candidates will be invited for remote interviews. Selected candidates will then be invited for personal interviews.