Software Developer (API Integrations)
Come join the LevelUp team in Boston to help build the next-generation growth engine for restaurants, connecting restaurants and guests with a seamless customer experience that blends analytics, loyalty, and rewards. And now as part of the nation's leading online and mobile food ordering company, LevelUp—together with Grubhub—is on the front lines creating an even more complete solution for restaurants.
We take pride in our inclusive and collaborative team atmosphere that encourages constant learning and growth, and empowers our employees to use their unique strengths and perspectives to make the biggest impact possible. And if we can have some fun, eat tons of food and win the Boston Business Journal’s #1 Best Place to Work Award (which we did twice!) along the way, even better. If you’re looking for a diverse, creative, hard-working team to solve exciting new problems with - look no further!
LevelUp is looking for a Software Developer to build and maintain integrations with online ordering providers (e.g. Delivery.com, Olo, etc.) These integrations power LevelUp’s “Network,” restaurants that allow LevelUp users to place orders and have their food ready when they arrive. The role requires a mix of technical problem solving and clear communication from an engineer who is self-directed, innovative and execution focused.
LevelUp’s “network” refers to the 100K+ restaurants where a LevelUp user can bring up a menu, place an order and have the food ready when they arrive. LevelUp does not handle fulfillment with the restaurant. Instead we pull the menu data from an online ordering provider (e.g. Delivery.com) send the order to the provider and the provider sends the order to the restaurant. This position works on the team responsible for building and maintaining the integrations with online ordering providers.
- Programmatically implement and maintain integrations with third-party online ordering providers
- Evaluate third party APIs to determine capabilities, work with external engineering teams as needed to expose desired functionality.
- Communicate with both internal and external engineering teams
- Product technical documentation and help develop internal knowledge base and best practices.
- 2+ years of relevant software development experience
- Team player with excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or ample real-world experience
What You Could Pick Up Working With Us
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails to build and maintain a large-scale, high-availability web application with an active and growing user base
- Confidence writing tests for high-risk functionality like financial transactions
- Distributed version control expertise with Git
Benefits & Perks
- Free catered lunches from the businesses in the LevelUp ecosystem plus LevelUp credit to spend wherever we are accepted
- A never ending amount of coffee beans to make whatever suits your fancy and a snack closet that’s constantly stocked with a variety of snacks ranging from super healthy protein bars to a delicious bag of greasy chips
- Comprehensive benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, and a Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with strong company match and a wide variety of investment options
- Flexible Unlimited Vacation Policy
- Charitable Matching Program
- Regular in-office social events, including happy hours, karaoke, and game nights
- Company-Wide Initiatives encouraging innovation, continuous learning, and cross-department connections
- Casual office environment where jeans and flip flops are acceptable. #NoSuits
- Convenient access to the MBTA via red, green, orange line & Commuter Rail (Downtown Crossing Station, Park Street & South Station are a few blocks away)
LevelUp, a Grubhub Company, connects restaurants and guests with a seamless customer experience that blends analytics, loyalty, and rewards. LevelUp brings its technology to market in multiple ways: embedded into partner restaurant apps to provide a full-stack customer engagement solution; via an open developer platform that powers over 200 mobile apps; and through the LevelUp partner distribution channels, which lets consumers order ahead and avoid the line at their favorite lunch spots using the apps already on their phone.
Based in Boston, LevelUp is a part of Grubhub’s portfolio of brands and powers the mobile experiences for top brands like Chase Pay, Pret A Manger, Potbelly, Tropical Smoothie Cafe, Steak ‘N Shake, Dunn Bros Coffee, Argo Tea and sweetgreen.
LevelUp is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Come Join Our Team and apply online today!