Site Reliability Engineer at Toast
Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
At Toast, our Site Reliability Engineers (SREs) are responsible for keeping all customer-facing services and other Toast production systems running smoothly. SREs are a blend of pragmatic operators and software craftspeople who apply sound software engineering principles, operational discipline, and mature automation to our environments and our codebase. Our decisions are based on instrumentation and continuous observability as well as through predictions and capacity planning.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Gather and analyze metrics from both operating systems and applications to assist in performance tuning and fault finding
- Partner with development teams to improve services through rigorous testing and release procedures
- Participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning
- Create sustainable systems and services through automation and uplifts
- Balance feature development speed and reliability with well-defined service level objectives
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Polyglot technologist/generalist with a thirst for learning
- Deep understanding of cloud and microservice architecture, and the JVM
- Experience with tools such as APM, Terraform, Ansible, GitHub, Jenkins, Docker
- Experience developing software or software projects ideally utilising Java
- Industry experience with at least 2 years engineering experience with a focus on SRE and/or DevOps roles
Our Spread of Total Rewards”
- Unlimited Vacation
- Sabbatical opportunity after five years
- Professional Development Reimbursement Program
- Commitment to Employee Wellness through resources such as a quarterly Wellness Stipend
- Various peer and company recognition programs
- 401(k) and matching
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Coverage
- Mental Health Benefits
- Subsidized backup childcare
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
Toast is committed to creating an accessible and inclusive hiring process. As part of this commitment, we strive to provide reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities to enable them to access the hiring process. If you need an accommodation to access the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
For roles based in the United States: As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.