Site Reliability Engineer at VMware Carbon Black
Site Reliability Engineer
Our Engineering team is moving at lightning speed on the breaking edge of technology. You’ll design, build, and maintain internally critical and externally-visible systems in the cloud while ensuring uptime, scale, and performance is met appropriate to our end users’ needs. Here, the engineering opportunities are endless. With this fast-paced, collaborative group, you’ll be working together and across the organization to ensure customer success all while continuing to build a product that protects their dearest assets.
What You’ll Do
- Ownership, architecture and management of AWS infrastructure as code (IaC) components such as VPCs, EC2, S3, EKS, ECS, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Route 53, KMS, etc. using Terraform.
- Continuous Integration and management automation of cloud-based infrastructure and software using GitLab CI, Jenkins, and Spinnaker.
- Working with configuration management tools in both Windows and Linux - Terraform, Salt, Ansible, Chef
- Provide continual enhancements to our security and operational posture.
- Ensuring cloud-based architectures meet availability and recoverability requirements.
- Architecture and implementation of cloud-based monitoring, alerting and reporting; SignalFx, Sensu, CloudWatch, StatusCake, ELK, Grafana.
What You’ll Bring
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing AWS infrastructure
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with software development
- Experience working with Terraform or other IaC tools
- Ability to manage infrastructure using a preferred scripting language including Python, Ruby, and Bash.
- Solid understanding/experience of containerization platforms such as Docker
- Working knowledge of open source tools such as Sensu, Logstash, Elasticsearch
- Solid understanding/experience of web services, databases and relating infrastructure/architectures
- Solid understanding of backup/restore best practices
- Thorough understanding of networking protocols and concepts
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills
- Experience supporting an enterprise-level SaaS environment
- Security Experience a plus
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Work From Home: Yes
Posted Date: 2019-12-18
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.