Are you passionate about health and fitness and want to contribute to an organization whose goal is to improve the quality of peoples lives through the medicine of exercise and physical activity? Do you want to be part of a small, Best in Class, Site Reliability Engineering team designing and developing innovative platform solutions for our global mobile fitness app and athletic footwear and apparel ECommerce business?
Site Reliability Engineers are leading problem solving for a global fitness brand and mobile fitness application in our collaborative and learning driven environment. You will work in the ASICS Digital Platforms team to design and implement solutions across a multitude of different business units. You will contribute to building a global platform on AWS for delivering our products and services to span the world. You will have the opportunity to work on new technologies (AWS ECS, Docker, Terraform, Vault, and many others) and to influence the technical direction of the ADI Platforms team and other groups throughout the entire ASICS organization.
ASICS Digital is based in Downtown Crossing, Boston, Massachusetts. We are a division of ASICS, based out of Kobe, Japan. Our goal is to “get the whole world moving” by developing innovative direct-to-consumer personalized experiences that truly improve the entirety of our customers lives. We are responsible for the continued development of mobile-fitness solutions such as ASICS Runkeeper and ASICS Studio, global e-commerce platforms, and other digital services that encourage people to move, get fit, and stay balanced.
As an ASICS Digital Platforms Site Reliability Engineer you will:
- Join minds with a team of Site Reliability Savant's!
- Effect iterative improvement! (Create clarity where there is confusion, Documentation where there is none, Automation where there is repetition!)
- Implement cutting edge technologies, replace legacy infrastructure, improve ECS, Terraform, EC2.
- Create an auspicious reign of Deployment peace and harmony. Work with the rest of the SRE team to continually improve our processes, automation, and tooling to innovate towards our next challenges
- Do what needs to be done. After all, greatness doesn't come free. (PagerDuty rotation to respond to ASICS Digital Platform availability incidents and provide support to application engineers with customer incidents)
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- You can't stop thinking about systems – especially their edge cases
- Communicate effectively and understand what it means to “know your audience”
- Use and fix Linux on the server
- Have worked in Python, Ruby, Bash, Go, or similar; and crave more.
- Enthusiastically improve everything you touch, making it better the next time anyone visits that infrastructure, code, or documentation, etc
ASICS Digital is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.