A bit about us:
We’re on a mission to change healthcare — how it’s paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
That’s why we’re gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company — one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
We want to throw the long ball with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us.
Make a difference... a big difference. You will have the opportunity, in a unique and dynamic culture, to be a part of something incredibly meaningful. We’re a disruptive startup with an inspiring mission. Learn and grow alongside our world-class team of health care and technology leaders, dedicated to building a health plan and clinical services that care for everyone like they were our own mothers or fathers. Our team and board members have decades of experience in health care entrepreneurship, data, technology, services, and policy. With their support, we look forward to building a health plan and clinical services that will give seniors easy access to the high-quality care they deserve.
A bit more about this role:
Our Site Reliability Engineers dig into nearly every aspect of technical life at Devoted.
You’ll work on big pieces of everything from our office computers and networks to our cloud infrastructure. You’ll improve the tech lives of all types of users, from health care domain experts to tech-savvy software engineers. You’ll help design and maintain our monitoring, logging, secret storage, deployment, and other technical systems.
Our infrastructure is built with Terraform, Puppet, Docker, Vault, and CircleCI. Our software stack is written in Go, Python, React, and TypeScript.
A glimpse of your day:
- Writing Terraform and Puppet code to deploy a new service.
- Helping our software development team troubleshoot a failed deploy.
- Figuring out why a desktop user is hobbled by poor wi-fi performance.
- Helping health care experts choose the best SaaS products to support our health plan operations.
- Implementing and debugging single sign-on and other aspects of SaaS integrations.
Attributes to success:
- You’re worked with AWS or another cloud provider, and have solid Linux fundamentals.
- You’ve worked with a configuration management or orchestration system like Puppet, Terraform, Chef, or Ansible.
- You love talking with all types of people, whether it’s explaining how technical things work or helping someone discover a new G Suite feature that makes their lives easier.
- You can identify security risks and reason about tradeoffs, and accept there is not always a perfect answer.
- You’re excited to debug and troubleshoot all levels of software and hardware stacks. That might be with tcpdump or strace, a man-in-the-middle proxy, or a web browser’s developer console.
- You can manage and troubleshoot SQL databases like Postgres.
- You have excellent networking fundamentals.
Your background could include:
- 3+ years in tech and experience in:
- A network or systems administration role, and enjoy automating toil.
- A DevOps or SRE role.
- A software engineer role, and at home on a Unix command line.
- A non-traditional career path that includes substantial experience with the skills above.
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoted’s Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.