Senior/Staff/Principal Software Engineer, Scale
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer to play a critical role in scaling our cloud platform and infrastructure. Toast’s platform processes tens of millions of requests per day from hundreds of internal services and tens of thousands of mobile devices; these numbers grow exponentially year over year as we add new restaurants and capabilities to the platform. Our team is responsible for developing secure, observable, highly available, large-scale shared services and infrastructure.
Bready* to make a change?
About this roll*:
- Design, build, and maintain super reliable, high performance services and infrastructure
- Diagnose performance bottlenecks and implement optimizations across infrastructure, database, web, and mobile applications
- Work with industry authorities to evaluate and implement new technology
- Actively contributing to product design and feature selection discussions
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Proficient in at least one object oriented language
- Well-versed in software architecture and databases
- Interested in gaining cutting edge expertise in new technologies and techniques
- Experienced in building complex, mission critical, or large scale systems
*Bread puns encouraged but not required