Senior WordPress Developer, Direct to Consumer - Tech Lead at Thrasio
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:13 p.m. (EST) on Wednesday, April 27, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
As a Senior WordPress Developer on DTC, you will be responsible for building and maintaining our corporate website which is live in 6 countries, 4 different languages and counting. You will be leading (and hiring, if necessary) a team of WordPress developers while being hands on. This position is perfect for ambitious self-starters who have at least 5 years of WordPress experience, along with significant knowledge of CSS and HTML. If this sounds like you, let’s chat!
- Hire/Lead a small team of WordPress developers
- Collaborate with internal business stakeholders, product managers, developers, designers, and content writers to understand and gather technical requirements
- Develop pixel-perfect web pages and interactive experiences with a wide range of libraries, APIs, web services, frameworks, and content management systems
- Build and provide ongoing support for websites built with WordPress
- Keep up with and learn the latest frameworks, techniques, and industry standards
What you Bring to the Party:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or another quantitative discipline
- 5+ years designing and building interactive web pages with WordPress
- 3+ years leading a small team of web developers
- Self sufficient and effective at being proactive in projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a strong aesthetic sense for how features and interactions should look, feel, and move
- Excellent knowledge in code versioning best practices (Git) and takes pride in proper code hygiene
- Excellent knowledge of Flexbox and CSS / JS browser features for responsive development and cross platform testing
- Applicants with a portfolio/ work samples are strongly preferred Shopify experience a big plus!
Not sure you check every box?
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folx tend only to apply if they meet 100% of the qualifications. At Thrasio, we need people who think rigorously and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions, so we’re looking for diverse perspectives, as long as you meet the minimum criteria.
You’re encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn’t precisely match the job description. Join us!
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.