Senior UI Engineer, Digital Agronomy at Indigo
As a senior frontend engineer on the Digital Agronomy team, you will create sophisticated mobile and web-based applications for collecting geospatial and time series data from farms across the globe. We are collecting ground truth data that powers advanced analytics at Indigo as well as machine learning training datasets that allow us to utilize satellite, drone, and agricultural sensor data. Your creativity and deep knowledge of modern web application development will help us create best-in-class tools for visualizing and processing ground truth data.
Indigo helps farmers make informed and sustainable choices.The Digital Agronomy team plays a key role in ensuring that our customers can trust the ground truth data behind Indigo’s recommendations. Join us and help shape this crucial 1.0 product.
As a frontend engineer at Indigo you’ll:
- Collaborate with Product Managers, UX designers, backend engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy code
- Brainstorm features with product managers and UX designers based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Learn about, use, and teach new web technologies
- Expertly review code, have your code reviewed, and mentor other engineers
- You’re an engineer with deep experience building responsive web and mobile apps.
- You have experience with multiple front-end frameworks. We primarily use Typescript, GraphQL, React and React Native, but alternate experience is acceptable.
- You care deeply about performance, usability, and accessibility.
- You appreciate engaging and usable design, and sweat the details.
- You're comfortable collaborating with teams to discuss technical and usability trade-offs.
- You strive to create fast, reliable, and documented code that others can understand.
- You might have experience with Data Visualization and UX patterns.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is economically desirable and an accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Memphis, TN, with additional offices in Boston, MA, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.