Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Business Systems Architecture and Integration, the Senior Systems Integration Engineer is a multidisciplinary role that designs, architects, develops, and maintains multi-platform integration solutions in support of Toast’s Business Systems and Enterprise strategic initiatives. The Senior Systems Integration Engineer is an adept and creative technologist and solutions provider that will act as a subject matter expert for the numerous application frameworks within the Toast ecosystem and their use in the rapid and effective deployment of integrations for its growing portfolio of products. We are open to this role being remote if needed.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Implement and maintain new and legacy integrations across numerous platforms.
- Work as an individual contributor on multiple Agile SCRUM teams within Toast to provide integration and development services for strategic initiatives.
- Plan and execute the integration of new applications with existing systems and software.
- Plan and execute the integration of new application integration technology.
- Collaborate on standards and processes to support and facilitate integration projects and initiatives.
- Gather and analyze requirements from business teams and stakeholders to determine integration needs and assess dependencies and risk.
- Draft technical designs, engineering plans, testing plans, sequence diagrams and other systems integration related documents.
- Develop and automate application end-to-end or unit testing to ensure stability during continuous integration.
- Collaborate on the development and maintenance of a Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery pipeline for Salesforce.com.
- Identify platform issues and craft technical resolutions and communication plans to remedy.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years working on an Agile SCRUM or Kanban team
- 5+ years working with REST, XML and JSON
- 5+ years working with an object oriented programming language and enterprise application architectures
- 3+ year or ETL experience
- Strong understanding of data manipulation and distribution
- Test Driven Development
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent version control, QA skills and attention to detail
Bonus ingredients* (Requirements):
- Experience with Workato or similar iPaaS
- Experience with any of the following Enterprise Applications (Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday, ServiceNow)
- Familiar working in a test driven development environment
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.