Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
As a Senior Systems Engineer/Developer on the Business Systems - Finance Applications team, you will build and maintain Toast's ERP platform(NetSuite). You will be responsible for developing the NetSuite platform and external integrations, while functioning as a key contributor to high value business initiatives within the Toast Business Systems team. This will include script development, configuration changes, testing, troubleshooting, process engineering & creating searches and reports. You’ll also work closely with the Accounting and Finance teams to ensure the highest level of data accuracy, and to maintain and improve the functionality of various financial systems to help maximize the benefit to the organization. We are open to this role being remote if needed.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop/maintain the Toast ERP implementation on Netsuite (including designing, implementing and maintaining configurations and customizations), and other related 3rd party business applications (such as: Teampay, Ozlink, Tipalti, etc) for internal users
- Provide robust solutions to current and future problems with performance and scalability at the forefront.
- Develop, test and deploy customizations, custom objects, third party tools / applications and new NetSuite functionality based on evolving business needs
- Responsible for change management for Finance applications within Business Systems.
- Design, implement, and maintain 3rd party software connections and integrations to NetSuite to support various business needs
- Develop, document and implement policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure data integrity, change protocols, customization, usage etc
- Identify, evaluate and recommend other key technologies required to support and improve the business process centered on the ERP platform
- Monitor end-user usage of systems and track performance and ensure external integrations comply with governance limits
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 4+ years of hands on experience with NetSuite implementation (including Advanced Inventory and Advanced Revenue Recognition modules), configuration and 3rd party integrations in complex environments
- Expert-level knowledge of scripting, roles, permissions, custom objects and workflows
- In-depth knowledge of SuiteScript 1.0, 2.0, 2.1 / WebServices, OneWorld, SQL,, user provisioning, defining roles, analytics and scheduling scripts.
- 3+ years working with REST and/or NetSuite WebServices
- Strong data analytics, reporting and database experience (SQL and NetSuite)
- A strong understanding of business processes and requirements
- Excellent version control, QA skills and attention to detail
Bonus ingredients* (Requirements)
- Working with multiple fulfillment locations within Netsuite
- Working with complex invoicing models
- Implementing ASC 606 Compliance within Netsuite
- Implementing testing framework for SuiteScrips (Jest, Moca, Jasmin)
- Familiarity with Zuora RevPro/Salesforce Billing or any other revenue recognition/billing platforms.
- NetSuite certification
*Bread puns encouraged but not required