Senior Software Security Engineer at Markforged
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:18 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, August 25, 2020
Markforged is reinventing manufacturing with the most affordable 3D metal and carbon fiber printers capable of producing parts strong enough for the factory floor. Engineers, designers, and manufacturing professionals all over the world rely on Markforged metal and composite printers for tooling, fixtures, functional prototyping, and high-value end-use production and optimizing their manufacturing and supply chains. Founded in 2013 and based in Watertown, MA, Markforged has about 300 employees globally, with $137 million in both strategic and venture capital. Markforged’s vision is a world in which you build anything you imagine. Markforged was recently recognized by Forbes in the Next Billion-Dollar Startups list and listed as the fastest-growing 3D printing company in the US in the 2019 Deloitte Fast 500. To learn more about Markforged, please visit https://markforged.com.
As a Security Engineer in a fast-paced software engineering team at Markforged, you will be a strong and independent team member passionate about securing cloud and IoT environments. You have demonstrable experience developing a secure software development lifecycle, building vulnerability management programs, and implementing security incident and event management systems. In this role you will also be a part of Markforged’s cross-functional security team spanning IT security, risk and compliance, and application security.
We refuse to compromise on security while maintaining speed and agility in our development processes. You will have the opportunity to do interdisciplinary work on physical systems and learn from best-of-the-best engineers across material science, mechanical, electrical, and software. In this role, you will have a superb opportunity to implement and maintain secure highly effective, reliable, and innovative technologies.
You will contribute to and promote a DevSecOps culture by:
- Managing the implementation of a SIEM tool and automated security alerting
- Creating and maintaining secure development practices and programs for our engineering teams
- Providing security feedback to engineers during all phases of the development lifecycle
- Contributing directly to code bases to remediate problems and improve security
- Developing an incident response workflow for managing actionable security alerts
What we look for:
- 5+ years experience securing web applications, IoT devices, and cloud infrastructure
- Background in software engineering and common development practices in a collaborative and dynamic startup environment
- Deep understanding of web application architecture and design principles
- Knowledge of internet security issues in software design and code
- Experience in writing understandable, testable, secure code with an eye towards maintainability
- Experience implementing and managing vulnerability scanning tools, web application firewalls, and SIEM platforms
- Knowledge of common security flaws and resolution as published by OWASP, SANS, etc
- Knowledge of how to test code and applications across various platforms (iOS, Mac, Linux, Windows, Android, etc) for security and quality
- Experience with audits and certifications such as ISO27001, SOC2, and FedRAMP
- Verbal/Written English Communication is required
Help us reinvent manufacturing.
We are reinventing manufacturing so that engineers can build anything they imagine.
We are one team that wins together!
You will be engaging every day with passionate and dedicated individuals in a collaborative environment working towards making best-in-class products.
Perks & Benefits
We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more.
Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
You will have unlimited access to our 3D printers for professional and personal parts!
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description