Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Payments teams in Fintech at Toast operate one of the most critical portions of the Toast infrastructure: processing payments on behalf of our restaurants and ensuring that restaurants are paid in a timely manner. Payment processing is a key source of Toast’s revenue and also the lifeblood of our customers; we process millions of dollars in transactions per day. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead to join our team and help evolve our products. This position would be an excellent fit for a cross-discipline problem solver who likes to think about the best ways to leverage software, UX, process, and people to achieve great real-world results.
The team you will lead will work on projects similar to things we’ve recently completed such as:
- Building a new pricing model that gives restaurants the flexibility to choose one appropriate to the size and complexity of their business.
- Enable guests at restaurants to use ApplePay as a form of payment - both in-person and while ordering online.
- Fortify our fraud prevention solution to protect restaurants.
About this roll* (Responsibilities):
- Design, build and maintain highly resilient, flexible and scalable architecture by collaborating closely with PM.
- Ensure team makes solid technical decisions and team output is high quality.
- Review code to ensure technical implementation meets functional requirements.
- Manage a small number of engineers, with responsibility to grow and develop team members through coaching and feedback, while also learning from their diverse experiences.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements):
- Growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and self/team-improvement.
- Respectful, empathetic and humble.
- Focused on getting the right things done.
Experience in fintech/SaaS/transaction processing, a plus but definitely not necessary.
We are hiring individuals with a wide range of experience so if you have more or less than these exact roles, please still apply!Our Tech Stack
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java/Kotlin and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. We store data in Postgres and DynamoDB. We are using Apache Pulsar to communicate between modules. The front-end is built primarily using React and ES6. The main Toast POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.