Senior Software Engineer at edX
edX was launched as a joint venture between MIT and Harvard, and we’re on a mission to increase access to online education to learners worldwide. Anytime. Anywhere. Today, our work is more important than ever.
We seek a full stack developer to join our team. It's a high-impact role and a game-changing opportunity for the right person. Our platform enables more than 30 million learners around the world to access education across a variety of subjects.
- Design, develop, deploy, and support scalable software systems
- Collaborate with Product Management, UX, and Data Science to understand business problems and identify solutions
- Provide mentorship to team members and assist with feedback on code reviews
- Build and maintain operationally viable solutions throughout the software life cycle
- Commit to owning your code and supporting the customer facing environment
- Lead team members on independent project initiatives
- Promote teamwork, research cutting edge technology, and support a vibrant innovative work atmosphere
Qualifications & Skills
- 5+ years of full-stack coding experience
- Ability to problem solve, drive projects with loosely defined requirements, communicate with stakeholders, and learn from both success and failure
- Ability to share your knowledge with team members through mentoring, code reviews, pair programming, presentations, etc.
Nice to Have
- Experience working with Python and Django
- Experience building static websites (we use Gatsby and GraphQL)
- Experience working in an agile development environment
- Experience with Optimizely or similar A/B testing tools
- Familiarity with experiment design and evaluation
- Working knowledge of SEO
- Experience with accessibility best practices and compliant front-end development standards
- Familiarity with open source frameworks
- An interest in enabling and integrating open source contributions
- BS in Computer Science or related experience
We offer highly competitive benefits and retirement plans, a pension program, free lunches every day, and meaningful work! Are you ready to be a part of our mission?
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.