Senior Software Engineer
Climacell’s R&D Team is a mixture of scientists and engineers committed to generating the best and most novel data and models across all times: historical, real-time and forecast. We also focus on making everything become a weather station (from cars to microwave links to IoT devices). The story just begins when the data hits our ingest and post-processing services. Every product that the user sees is the result of a pipeline of algorithms that needs to be run quickly and continuously. We are the team that builds the architecture behind the data and the models, to prepare the weather analyses, for the Product and Engineering team to serve to the masses.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to support the development and operationalization of novel weather data and analysis products created by the meteorology R&D team and make sure we are building the biggest weather platform in the world.
As a Senior Software Engineer at ClimaCell, You’ll work directly with meteorology R&D team members to help solve software challenges related to the numerical analysis/processing utilized by their data products and help us take ideas from experimentation to production.
What you bring:
- 5+ years prior industry experience as a software engineer
- Strong, production-level Python experience; you write high-performance low-latency services
- An open mind and the ability to challenge yourself to learn new tools and approaches, independently and as part of a team
- Familiarity with big data processing pipelines, databases, and archives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with computing on the cloud, especially Amazon AWS or Google Cloud, as well as high-performance computing, including process optimization
- A strong interest in understanding and working with weather data and proprietary datasets
You might also have:
- Background (formal or not) in meteorology/atmospheric sciences.
- An advanced degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, or a similar technical field
- Experience with geoscientific/geospatial data
So if Data is your middle name, you're a creative thinker and your friends call you when there's a big problem to solve and if you love rain - this is the team for you.
If you have reached this point and you are super excited but not sure you check all the boxes - we still want to speak with you! Your passion is priceless. Other things can be learned.
Building the biggest weather platform in the world It’s a mission that spurs us on every day. ClimaCell is helping people and businesses to take control of everything related to weather, including where, when and HOW weather will impact their business or their day2day. Basically, we’ve taken all the guesswork out of the weather.
We’re different than all other weather providers out there that repackage the same data and models. That’s because we see everything around us as a possible weather sensor, from wireless networks to connected cars. We call this approach Weather-Of-Things. And with so many of our sensors out there, we went ahead and built a proprietary big data collection and analysis platform, combined with exclusive AI-driven weather models. Around the office, this is known as the MicroWeather Technology Engine.
We’re also proud to bring hyper-accurate weather information and enhanced access to critical weather-related data to the entire world. Our technology can potentially save and transform billions of lives - mainly in developing countries.
Our weather forecasts are trusted by top companies such as JetBlue, Via, United, Ford, AWS, and many more industry trendsetters.
We have offices in Boston, Boulder and Tel Aviv and we work in an “one office” environment. We believe that magic happens when people work together. Together also includes Zoom meetings, flexible hours and unlimited vacation days. Your success is achieved by your impact and deliveries and not by the hours you put in. We believe in transparency and directness, putting work before ego and empathy. We grow fast and move faster but we always see people first. Each person has their own career growth path for we believe that the only way for the company to grow is if you grow.