Senior Software Engineer at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Are you bready* for a change?
Device Command and Control systems manage the Toast tablets installed in tens of thousands of restaurants. On this team, you will ensure quick onboarding of new devices, rapid distribution of new features, and device insights for Toast support and operations.
About this roll*:
- You will design, build and maintain reliable, highly scalable backend services to support our mobile app
- You will create easy-to-understand UI for customers and internal users to leverage
- Help construct a seamless user experience on device upgrade and setup
- Participate in estimating effort, testing, debugging, integrating and documenting database, middle-tier and front-end web (and some Android)
- Understand different user profiles using our tools to actively contribute to product design
- Evaluate currently available best technology options to fit requirements
- Mentor junior team members
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Proficient in Java or other object oriented languages (Kotlin experience welcome)
- Well-versed in microservices architecture and databases
- Passionate about solving large scale problems and building great software for internal and external customers
- Great at communicating and working with others
- Prior Android experience and web UI knowledge are a plus
*Bread puns encouraged, not required