Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The xtraCHEF line of business is centered around the restaurant Back Office through products like the AP Automation, Inventory, Procurement and Bill Payment, we help restaurant operators manage their food cost and improve productivity.
As Senior Staff Software Engineer in our xtraCHEF by Toast business unit, you will help shape the definition & creation of the technology stack that will power a new suite of products that help restaurants improve their back of the house operations. You will influence product direction through technical insight & contribute to the technical roadmap for the evolution of the product.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work with fellow engineers, product managers, designers, and user researchers to make hands-on contributions to the xtraCHEF platform
- Should have thorough understanding of object-oriented fundamentals, design patterns and architectures
- Should have thorough understanding of micro services, CI/CD, security fundamentals and best practices
- Participate in design, implementation and testing discussions
- Perform code reviews to ensure best practices and standards are followed
- Open to work with remote overseas teams residing in multiple time zones
Do you have the right ingredients? (Experience)
- Experience building and operating software high transaction SaaS applications
- Thorough understanding of .NET technologies and AWS core services
(Java is a plus)
- Experience building distributed systems which are highly scalable and secure
- Firm understanding of client-server communication and can apply different access patterns to solve problems
- Experience in monitoring, troubleshooting, and improve system performance through logging and metrics
- Strong sense of empathy for customers and teammates
Our Tech Stack
We are Toasters
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is Baked into our Recipe for Success.
At Toast our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are powered to succeed, Toast succeeds.
The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
Baking inclusive principles into our company and diversity into our design provides equitable opportunities for all and enhances our ability to be first in class in all aspects of our industry.
Bready* to make a change? Apply today!
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.