Senior Software Engineer, Test
At PathAI, we're applying Computer Vision and Machine Learning in amazing ways to pathology, healthcare, and detecting cancer and other diseases. We're applying our work to drug development, the clinical space, and as a global health initiative. There's a lot of work to do and a lot of great products to build, and a well-engineered experience is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do.
We're looking for a skilled Senior Software Engineer focused on testing strategy, testing techniques, and testing infrastructure. You will be the Subject matter expert and create our testing strategy, provide tooling, and help teams adopt these new approaches and tools.
If you're the right candidate, you'll be exercising all the skills you have and building new ones along the way:
- Taking our testing strategy to the next level. Building on a solid base to evolve the PathAI testing strategy and infrastructure to help improve the overall quality of our platform.
- Work with our engineering teams to implement current best practices from the testing world based on our strict quality requirements.
- Work with our engineering and product management teams to define the desired level of test coverage and then to achieve that coverage.
- Work with our engineering teams to ensure that the tests improve overall developer efficiency. Ensure that engineers are equipped with the right tools in order to understand test failure causes and to debug failures when needed.
Our employees' skills come in all shapes and sizes, but to be successful in this role with us, you'll need:
- Engineering skills. You’ve been part of an Agile development team responsible for delivering product features either focused purely on testing or both development and testing.
- Experience testing at every level of the tech stack. You’ve written automated tests for a complex system including APIs and a modern web UI.
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- An insatiable intellectual curiosity and the ability to learn quickly in a complex space
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. We have a strong benefits package, including heavily-subsidized health, dental, and vision insurance plans to keep you in peak shape. It's rounded out by:
- Flexible work hours
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, plus holidays and extended leave
- Convertible sit-stand desks
- Free lunch on Tuesdays and Fridays
- Snacks and drinks in the office – which currently include a mountain of Milano cookies and cold brew coffee and green tea on tap.
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.