Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud-based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is looking for a Software Engineer to play a leadership role on the team responsible for our Core Menu Configuration APIs and UI Pages. The Toast system currently supports a wide variety of configurations and pricing structures for a restaurant’s menu items. These menu items are then published and referenced by our Android tablets (keyed by waitstaff), consumers (online orders) and partners (via our APIs). These items are used in the process of creating and updating every single order that enters the system. In order to meet the demands of scale and complexity, we will need to build a system that is both increasingly extensible, robust, scalable and deliverable continuously. We need your help to improve our platform and add the next generation of features to this critical part of our product.
About this roll*:
- Lead a team of 3-5 engineers through all aspects of the software life cycle to deliver high quality results
- Team will design, build and maintain performant, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Help the team in defining monitoring, performance, deployment, and elevation strategies for their production services to serve hundreds of millions of requests
- Working with senior leadership and product to define and scope high-impact improvements in the team’s areas of ownership, while keeping the day-to-day customers in mind
- Managing, mentoring and developing team members, while still making hands-on code contributions to your team’s projects
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Experienced with an Object Oriented Language; Java or Kotlin is a plus
- Exposure to tiered web application architecture and databases a plus
- Experience delivering high quality, reliable services to production
- Excellent cross-team communication skills on complex technical topics
- Prior experience as tech lead or team lead. Management experience is a plus
- Exposure to microservices or a SaaS product is a plus
*Bread puns encouraged but not required