Senior Software Engineer - Sustaining & Escalations
Senior Software Engineer, Sustaining & Escalations
Want to get to know the hiring manager? Watch a 2 min interview with her here!
The newly formed Sustaining & Escalations team at edX is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join their team. The Sustaining & Escalations team is the first engineering contact within our cross-functional organization to respond to challenges that arise from operating a complex, consumer-facing web application. The team helps to identify areas where they can create a stronger foundation of code as well as helping other engineers to be more effective.
The ideal candidate will have full stack experience, a desire to make the platform better for everyone, the ability to investigate within an extensive code base as well as the ability to work and communicate cross-functionally, independently, and with the team to drive their solutions over the finish line.
The Sustaining & Escalations team values a collaborative, open-minded culture, and iterative process. You will work to help and support your peers and the teams around you. The ideal candidate will value teamwork, communication, and a desire to further access to education all over the world!
- Debug & troubleshoot complex problems in live environments
- Verify that code changes are scalable, reliable, and maintainable
- Look at overall issue trends to identify components that would benefit from deeper refactoring
- Communicate status updates with cross-functional stakeholders and international teammates
Qualifications & Skills:
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Real-world experience with Python and Django
- Aptitude to learn new technologies quickly
- Passion for problem solving, with the ability to be resourceful and “figure things out”
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to “translate” between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working cross-functionally as well as with remote teams
- Contributor to or consumer of Open Source Frameworks
- BS in Computer Science or relevant experience
edX is an MIT Start-up company that offers a competitive benefits plan, a pension program, free lunches every day as well as a plethora of other fun perks and meaningful work! Are you ready to change the world?
Sorry, visa sponsorship is not available.