Senior Software Engineer, Security
As a member of a small, elite and fast-moving Security Team - you will get your hands dirty and exercise your creativity in protecting our world class software platform.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with experience in building database-driven Java web applications and back end tools. You will be a part of a small team in HubSpot's IT Security organization that focuses on compliance, provisioning, automation, and information security.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Interact with business users to obtain and refine requirements
- Design and build Java Faces web pages, Jersey RESTful web services, and other tools (along with the supporting database artifacts) to help protect HubSpot and increase the team's productivity
- Write well-designed, readable, concise, and reusable Java code
- Create MySQL tables, views, stored procedures, etc. to drive the tools
- Build integrations to HubSpot partners and external SaaS providers
We are looking for people who:
- Have proven working experience in Java 8 design and development
- Hands-on experience with the MySQL database including table design and query tuning
- Have a track record of independent end-to-end software design and development from gathering requirements to final production implementation
- A background or interest in information security
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. HubSpot is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
HubSpot helps millions of organizations grow better, and we’d love to grow better with you. Our business builds the software and systems that power the world’s small to medium-sized businesses. Our company culture builds connections, careers, and employee growth. How? By creating a workplace that values flexibility, autonomy, and transparency. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you.
You can find out more about our company culture in the HubSpot Culture Code, which has more than 3M views, and learn about our commitment to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, too. Thanks to the work of every HubSpotter globally who has helped build our remarkable culture, HubSpot has been named a top workplace by Glassdoor, Fortune, Entrepreneur, and more.
HubSpot was founded in 2006. We’re headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, and we have offices in Dublin (Ireland), Sydney (Australia), New Hampshire, Singapore, Tokyo (Japan), Berlin (Germany), and Bogotá (Colombia).
HubSpot is an equal employment opportunity employer. Recruitment agencies may not submit applicants through our career site or to any of our managers. We do not accept CV or resumes from recruitment agencies or headhunters. HubSpot will not pay fees to any third party company that does not have a signed agreement with HubSpot.