Senior Software Engineer - Search Team at Kyruus
First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
- Caring – We care about our clients, their patients, and each other.
- Ownership – We own our success and have the courage to make decisions.
- Respect – We respect and enjoy each other's journey, experiences, and gifts.
- Empowerment – We empower our team, our clients, their providers and patients to make the right decisions.
At Kyruus, the journey for a patient begins with the ability to match that patient with the right provider (e.g. doctor). The matching platform that is built by the search team is what drives this experience. Given a rich data set and our custom clinical library, we provide the ability for a patient to search by provider name, specialty, or a specific condition and then further fine tune those results to ultimately give a list of providers that best match the patients needs.
The search team’s mission is to provide a robust API that allows our internal teams and our customers to build a variety of applications with the ultimate goal to match the patient with the right provider. Today, this API is used on our customers websites in the form of Find a Doc solutions that allows a patient to search for care based on their needs and filter down the results to get to the best match. The API is also used in our customers call centers, doctor’s offices, etc to provide a full multi channel access solution.
The search team is responsible for managing the entire Elasticsearch infrastructure, creation/update of the indices, and building and delivering the Python/Flask based API internally, and externally to our customers. We are also responsible for the translation to different languages allowing our customers to provide the same experience to non-english speaking consumers.
You’ll design, develop, debug, and test code to support our software products. You’ll understand requirements and translate them into production-worthy capabilities to make progress on our product roadmap and planned customer commits.
- Your typical day will include writing code (mostly in python) and reviewing others’ code. You’ll develop unit and integration tests to ensure the quality of the code.
- You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. You may play a specific role (such as Team Lead or Architect Owner) on your Agile team.
- You’ll ensure stories are on track to be delivered with the sprint. You’ll escalate issues if the stories begin to go off track and work with your team to make necessary corrections to mitigate overall project risk.
- You’ll embrace and consistently apply best practices, coding standards, and patterns for development and deployment of your code. You’ll mentor more junior engineers on those best practices and patterns.
- You’ll investigate alerts about possible errors in our system. You’ll address outages in a timely manner in order to accomplish our technology platform SLAs.
- You’ll work on design and architecture investigations.
- You’ll report to the Manager, Engineering in the Routing & Scheduling department within the R&D - Engineering division.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You’ll use your 4+ years programming experience to:
- Help accomplish the goals of your Agile team through your design and programming skills building out Python/Flask based API’s, working with Elasticsearch to build performant queries to get the best possible match for patients. You will also leverage the AWS ecosystem to build serverless applications and use standard tooling like SAM, CodeDeploy, and Bitbucket Pipelines to automate the deployment.
- Accurately estimate work for the sprint cycle and proactively provide updates on your status. Communicate adjustments to your estimates as you have new information in order to ensure your Product Owner can set appropriate expectations about availability of value being delivered by your team.
You’ll use your experience in/familiarity with technologies relevant to Kyruus to:
- Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available enterprise solutions
- Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers
- Research new libraries and components to add to our system.
You’ll use your communication and active listening skills to:
- Understand the needs of our users and customers at the beginning of each project
- Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your Agile team
- Mentor fellow and junior engineers
- Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed.
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
- You commit quality code (lots!) reliably and on time to help the team achieve roadmap goals and customer commits.
- You regularly write excellent documentation.
- You follow Agile practices in your daily and weekly work and are reliable team member
- You provide timely feedback on designs and code changesets and share technical insights, learnings, and best practices with Kyruuvians by presenting at Lunch & Learns, Technical Brown Bags, and internal demos.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.