Senior Software Engineer - Restaurants B2B
Restaurants is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million unique monthly visitors, we help travelers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners. As a Senior Software Engineer on the Restaurants B2B team, you will work on monetization strategies including customer (restaurant owner) signup funnel optimization, advertising, partner integrations and customer retention. Working with the team’s Product Manager and UX Designer, you will take the lead on key features and capabilities collaborating with fellow engineers and following best practices. We iterate and deploy code fast - everyone is looking at the impact that the team makes to our numbers.
As a Senior Software Engineer at TripAdvisor, you will provide technical leadership in a fast-moving, collaborative environment that expects you to own your projects.
Our product feedback loop is immediate which means we can rapidly iterate and deploy. If you enjoy building full stack applications from the ground up, leveraging the newest technologies to delight users, and executing like an entrepreneur, then you’ve found the right place. Technical focus includes full stack web development, reporting, analytics, web security, e-commerce, user interface and user experience development. We optimize the site with an iterative, agile, and data-driven approach by running several concurrent A/B tests a week. TripAdvisor is built on a massively scaled infrastructure and utilizes modern web technologies to create a cutting edge product.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 7+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO design
- Startup experience is a definite plus
- Design complex systems and lead the technical solution of projects
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Be responsible for the code quality on your team
- Mentor more junior engineers
- Develop, deploy and maintain full stack implementations of owner and consumer-facing features of the TripAdvisor Restaurant experience
- Be responsible for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA, operations and maintenance.