Senior Software Engineer, Predictions
As a member of the predictions domain, you’ll be directly responsible for the systems that enable customers to use machine learning models to assess risks of loan applications, control temperatures of manufacturing furnaces, predicting disease outcomes, capturing terrorists, and a huge number of other applications. The goal is to make predictions easier, more widely available and, of course, trustworthy.
We are looking for engineers who are willing to continuously learn, challenge themselves, and apply their knowledge to improve DataRobot’s predictions.
In order to keep up with the demand for new features in DataRobot, we are looking to grow our backend engineering team. Primary responsibilities of this team include developing new data science tools, designing and supporting our APIs, and instrumenting DataRobot to integrate with enterprise IT infrastructure. Our team uses the following technology on a routine basis: Python, Flask, MongoDB, pytest, docker, Redis, NGINX and RabbitMQ among many others.
- Develop, test, and support features of DataRobot
- Create and maintain automated unit tests and functional tests
- Design infrastructure for new features with the input of peers
- Plan capacity, manage application performance
- Manage individual projects and milestones with abundant communication of progress
- Seek, give, and receive critical feedback in a constructive manner, including but not limited to code review
- 3+ years development experience in Python
- Demonstrable knowledge of computer science fundamentals, whether by degree or otherwise
- Linux proficiency
- Personal drive to get things finished
- Effective communication behavior
Candidates can distinguish themselves with the following criteria:
- 8+ years development experience
- System/performance engineering (profiling process memory/cpu/io/network usage, system calls, flame graphs)
- Publicly reviewable contributions to interesting development projects
- Experience with both python 2 and 3
- Experience with R
- Experience supporting user-facing code and APIs
- Data Science experience
- Experience/understanding resource management services workflow (Hadoop/Yarn, Mesos, Kubernetes, AWS, OpenStack, Docker or any other)
Individuals seeking employment at DataRobot are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.