Senior Software Engineer - New Ventures Marketplace at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Who We Are
The New Ventures Program is an innovation engine focused on the creation of new capabilities and new businesses at Toast. Our teams operate much like a seed-stage startup within Toast. And, like a startup, we expect to move fast and learn along the way.
The New Ventures Marketplace team’s mission is to develop a world-class restaurant marketplace for consumers to easily discover exceptional restaurants / meals and provide restaurants with a more effective customer acquisition channel that helps them thrive.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
In this roll, you will be in a unique position to work on a variety of different projects and have a strong voice in technology, product, and business strategy. This position is an exceptional opportunity for a smart, hands dirty, entrepreneurial engineer who wants to work with a modern stack and solve real business problems via technology.
- Rapidly design, scope and implement solutions using a combination of technologies
- Enhance the platform to improve performance, usability, and scalability
- Work closely with your team to identify high-impact opportunities
- Total commitment to being a great teammate
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Qualities & Essential Skills)
- 4+ years of experience developing fullstack web applications
- Working knowledge of JS frameworks such as React or Angular
- Working knowledge of CSS and frameworks such as Tailwind, Bootstrap, or similar
- Working knowledge of backend technologies like Node.js or Go
- Experience building on top AWS services with other tools like Docker, and Git
- Familiarity implementing designs provided by high-fidelity UX mocks in Figma, Sketch, etc.
- Experience shipping and maintaining testable code bases, including API design and unit-testing frameworks
- Passionate about making users happy and seeing people use your product in the wild.
- Ability to embrace the agile mindset and understand that sometimes we need to ship features quickly and clean up the code later.
- Comfortable with testing methodologies and frameworks
*Bread puns encouraged, but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.