At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel better.
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying and taking process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Hopper has launched several bespoke fintech products that leverage our immense first and third-party data to create products and value that do not exist elsewhere - including Refundable and Flexible Tickets and Price Freeze. Thanks to these offerings, Hopper’s revenue growth is up 112% despite the travel slowdown due to COVID-19.
With over $250M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration to becoming the world’s fastest-growing end-to-end customer-centric travel offering.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 50 million times and sees over 1 million new installs per month. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019.
Come take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the world-class engineering team at the company that’s redefining how people travel. As Senior Software Engineer in the Virtual Interlining team, you will be directly responsible for designing, implementing, and deploying greenfield services and architecture that will power Hopper’s efforts to provide cutting-edge synthetic flight inventory to our customers. Virtual Interlining is the process of generating trips using combinations of airlines that do not codeshare or have any standing business relationship. These virtually interlined trips are a completely unique inventory that provide incredible price-competitiveness to our customers.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Work closely with data science at the intersection of large-scale data-driven modelling and a highly performant infrastructure to deliver new flight inventory
- Ship your first code in days, iterating on features in an agile manner
- Make important architectural decisions about core backend systems
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Thrived in backend engineering positions and delivered user experience at scale
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- A strong understanding of distributed systems and how architectural decisions affect performance and maintainability
- Experience building and maintaining systems leveraging complex modelling and data at scale
- Experience mentoring people at different stages in their career
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs and scales
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Read Full Job Description