Senior Software Engineer - Magento at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The vision of the Customer Experience Transformation (CXT) teams at Toast is to make it easier to do business with Toast, starting from the sales process, and continuing through onboarding and ongoing account management. As the CXT E-Commerce team, we provide UI and backend platforms where customer purchasing experiences are built. We have created services for resilient communication between the customer, Toast engineering ecosystem, e-commerce and business systems platforms such as Magento and Salesforce. We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team to help us grow and develop these products.
In this roll you will:
- Apply your expertise in Java and PHP to extend, enhance and build great ecommerce experiences
- Provide highly performant technical solutions leveraging the Magento Commerce platform
- Review code to ensure technical implementations meets functional requirements, as well as our high quality standards
- Collaborate in various stages of the software development lifecycle including design, development, testing, implementation, deployment and maintenance to deliver exceptional outcomes
- Augment our ecommerce strategy by spearheading the adoptions of new modules which are critical to optimizing our eCommerce strategy i.e. Adobe Sensei
- Mentor other engineering team members
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Proficient in PHP with a deep understanding of testing, quality & best practices
- Basic understanding of Java or another object-oriented language
- Prior experience building and testing REST web services
- Experience with authoring extensions in Magento or similar e-commerce platforms
- Growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and self-improvement
- Focus on outcomes and customer success
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.