Senior Software Engineer (Java) at Vestmark, Inc.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Software Engineer with Java development and relational database experience with a passion for technology and solving complex problems to join our rapidly growing Scrum organization! You will be a key member of our team responsible for the development of both web-based applications and back-office systems. Your energy, enthusiasm, and technical curiosity, combined with your appreciation and support of our core values, will be leveraged to help us build the next generation of our wealth management applications. Our employees are our most valuable asset and the reason we’ve been named Best Places to Work by Boston Business Journal five years in a row.
Vestmark is a leading provider of wealth management solutions and services that enable financial advisors and institutions to efficiently manage and trade their clients' portfolios using an innovative SaaS ecosystem. With over $1+ trillion in assets and 3+ million accounts, we are a trusted partner to some of the largest and most respected players across the wealth management industry.
Our team of over 400 employees is made up of highly skilled software engineers, implementation specialists, business strategists, and visionaries who maintain an eye toward the future of financial technology.
- Hands-on software development for applications within our VestmarkONE suite of financial services, including Portfolio Trading, Proposal Generation, and Investor Portal
- Build and maintain features to match our expanding scale and performance requirements
- Collaborate in a distributed environment working within an agile scrum team
- Contribute to the growth and development of our core values: We Before Me, Positive Energy, Knowledge Explorer, and Own It
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and testing scalable enterprise applications using Java, or equivalent object-oriented programing languages
- Extensive experience with MVC and related design patterns
- Strong algorithmic and object-oriented design skills
- Extensive experience with SQL and Relational Databases such as SQL Server
- Expertise in testing scalable systems using tools/frameworks such as JUnit/NUnit, Jasmine, Jest, and JMeter
- Experience in object-relational mapping technologies such as Hibernate
- Experience with open-source technologies
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead others
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties
- Experience with Spring Framework and Spring Boot
- Experience with Liquibase, Apache Camel, and ServiceMix
- Experience building webservices/API using REST or SOAP
- Experience with AWS or similar cloud computing environments
- Experience with clustered application deployment
- Open Source enthusiast
- Hackathon Junkie
- Comfortable working as part of a globally distributed team
- Join a rapidly growing team of experienced software engineers in the Financial Services domain and quickly become an important contributor
- Be a part of an entrepreneurial oriented company and learn what it takes to grow a successful company
- Be excited about your work and the people you work with and look forward to coming to work every day
Education and Experience:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.