Senior Software Engineer - Infrastructure and Tools at Localytics
Localytics provides a mobile engagement platform for many of the world’s top app publishers including ESPN, Periscope, and HBO. Our customers rely on us to keep their mobile users happy and engaged. We provide tools to drive great app experiences including push messaging, mobile analytics, predictive analytics, and individualized in-app experiences.
As a Senior infrastructure and tools engineer at Localytics you’ll have the opportunity to help a great team scale our industry-leading marketing and analytics software platform. Along the way you’ll contribute to a forward-thinking engineering culture that embraces cross functional teams and a commitment to silo-free operations.
Infrastructure and tools engineers build culture and software that helps our product teams make their stuff more awesome, they have the following key responsibilities:
- Quality - Build tools and pipelines that let our engineers ship code without keeping them up at night
- Performance & Reliability - Bake reliability and speed into our applications from the ground up. Instrument our applications so we understand how they are working and get alerted appropriately. Continuously monitor for performance bottlenecks and figure out how to optimize performance.
- Delivery - Develop the shared set of tools and services that our engineering teams rely on to get their jobs done.
- Security - Promote security best practices and work with our customers to build compliance levels that matter. We take an empathy-first view of security, meaning we drive our decisions based on protecting our customers, not on adhering to a specific standard.
To meet our goals, we need engineers that are passionate about improving systems through better tools and automation. They need a broad skillset that includes:
- Deep experience with cloud computing. We are hosted on AWS and need people that know the networking and security stack (VPC, IAM) as well as many of the core services (EC2, EBS, DynamoDB, ECS, EKS) and also have experience implementing AWS best practices for cost savings at scale.
- Deep experience with infrastructure as code tools. A lot of our infrastructure is deployed using Terraform, so we need people that can hit the ground running writing and using Terraform code.
- The ability to identify and implement design patterns to make applications more reliable.
- A knowledge of monitoring technologies and approaches. We use CloudWatch and Librato today but we have lots more to do here. How do we build the right signal to noise ratio so we can effectively act on all the information our systems and applications spew at us?
- Deep experience deploying in Kubernetes. We have been slowly migrating towards deploying our infrastructure in Kubernetes and most of our CI and CD processes run in kubernetes clusters.