Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack
Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
When finance professionals need to do big deals beyond business boundaries, Intralinks is their platform of choice for content distribution and collaboration. We help power financial markets.
When Whole Foods was acquired by Amazon, they turned to Intralinks to provide their due diligence virtual data room. When Ares Management LLC grew their investor base and raised more than $65B of capital they chose Intralinks to support their capital raising and fund reporting needs.
Intralinks needs you. We’re already the market-leader and we are still on a growth trajectory. We’re investing heavily in R&D to extend our platform and expand our SaaS portfolio. At Intralinks this means a mix of maintaining our flagship offerings with a good dose of pure innovation going into net new offerings. This a great place to be a developer, with lots of growth options and career development opportunities.
Our culture is one of agility. We’ve adopted Scrum and we need people like you to help examine what we do well and what we don’t do so well and identify opportunities to learn and improve. Our teams are self-managed, which means that your input is valued and there are opportunities for trying new tools and technologies to get us there faster. Our technology stack is progressive; CI/CD enables continuous incremental releases.
- Work in a cross-functional Scrum team, informing requirements and design and seeing it all through to implemented code in production.
- Work closely with software architects, challenging their decisions and collaborating with them to optimize technical designs.
- Inspect iterative results and propose improvements to technique, tools, and process.
- Take co-ownership of your Definition of Done with your Development Team member peers and be uncompromising on quantifiable code quality.
- Mentor your more junior counterparts—a big part of your success is making others around you better.
- Get to know your customer and empathize with their pain points so that when you solve their problems you share in the satisfaction.
You have to bring these things to the table:
- 2-3+ years of experience. If you have way more experience than that, all good, we have job tiers that can competitively accommodate your salary expectations. If you don’t have much experience, search our job openings for more junior roles.
- Proven experience with Java and Spring.
- Proven experience with React, (Backbone and AngularJS a plus), Ember, HTML5, CSS3, jQuery, Web Standards—the usual suspects.
- Experience in designing, developing, integrating with the REST based APIs.
- An aptitude for designing data models for different flavors (JDBC, Postgres, Cassandra, Mongo)—you can look at a problem and give informed reasons for the database that best meets the need.
- A talent for converting Product Owner insights into expected software usage patterns to build for performance and scale, without needlessly over-engineering it.
- A collaborative attitude, an ever-growing curiosity, and a desire to win.
You will be tested on this stuff.
It would be great if you also have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
- Solid experience with Selenium, Jasmine, Mocha, etc.
- Good data visualization chops.
- A passion for clean, crisp, optimized RESTful API design.
- A penchant for object-oriented design.
- Good mileage with Python and Ruby.
- Experience with microservice and serverless architectures.
- Design and working knowledge of distributed and concurrent systems (multithreading, asynchronous programming models, event-driven programming environments).
- Proficiency in application caching techniques (memcache, Redis, Infinispan).
- Built monitoring and logging solutions (ELK, Splunk, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, etc.)
- Non-judgmental familiarity with all operating systems (and command line superpowers).
Be ready to tell us some stories that support the above.
It would be mind-blowingly awesome if you also have:
- Successfully obtained your PSM I certification from scrum.org.
- A Graduate Degree in Computer Science or some other cool technical field.
- Data warehousing experience (including analytics and search) using AWS RedShift, Elasticsearch, Solr, Lucene, Kafka streams.
- Meaningful DevOps experience having deployed via CI/CD, automated configuration management, Docker containers and Kubernetes, Helm.
- Something else that we’d be surprised to learn about you that also qualifies as awesome. (Cliff-diver? Community leader? Artist/musician?)
Surprise us with what you can bring to the table!