We accept applications from remote employees in the following US states: MA, CO, CT, ME, NH, NJ, NY, VT.
We're hiring a Senior Software Engineer to lead React development on the homepage and catalog for edx.org. In this hands-on development position, you will be charged with increasing the engagement of our learners, working on elements of search, personalization, and overall course discovery. Working closely with Product, UX, and Marketing teams, you will leverage both industry research and insights from our own A/B testing to identify feature areas that can help learners engage with course content as effectively as possible. Your work will open the door for more than 30 million learners, connecting them to the courses that will move their careers forward and change their lives.
The Discovery Team’s work directly impacts our users, enabling them to find courses that are relevant to their needs. Dedicated to the success of the whole team, you will join a team of four engineers that value experimentation, pair programming, and a collaborative work environment.
Headquartered in the heart of Cambridge’s Technology Square, we’re currently fully remote and plan to work in a hybrid model moving forward.
- Design, develop, and deploy software solutions in ReactJS
- Work with the engineering and product teams to refine project specs
- Effectively communicate and share your knowledge with team members through mentoring, code reviews, pair programming, and presentations
- Proactively communicate status and roadblocks
- Diagnose and fix bugs
- 5+ years of full stack development experience
- Development of and usage of REST APIs
- Willingness and desire to learn
- Expertise in React
- Experience with Python/Django
- Enthusiasm for Agile/Scrum processes
- Experience with A/B testing
- Basic understanding of UX design
- Background with website accessibility and performance
- Experience with (or interest in) infrastructure of software systems (DevOps / SRE work)
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
That’s why we provide new employees with:
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply… even if you can’t “check every box.” We’d love to hear from you.
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, we’ve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And we’re not stopping there—as a global nonprofit, we’re relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.