Senior Software Engineer, Fintech at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Payments / Fintech teams at Toast operate one of the most critical portions of the Toast infrastructure: processing payments on behalf of our restaurants and ensuring that restaurants are paid in a timely manner. Payment processing is a key source of Toast’s revenue and also the lifeblood of our customers; we process millions of dollars in transactions per day.
About this roll*
- Bring your domain and general experience to design, build and launch features/improvements on our platform
- Monitor production systems and build systems/processes to improve our situational awareness and operational efficiency
- Lead complex, high impact projects that may span multiple teams
- Mentor and guide your peers, while also learning from their diverse experiences
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- You have a strong understanding of software engineering and distributed systems gained from hands-on experience building fault tolerant and secure applications.
- You have a growth mindset with an emphasis on learning and self/team-improvement
- You have experience working with product teams to invent solutions that deliver good outcomes to our customer and the company
- You demonstrate humility, empathy and respectfulness
We are hiring individuals with a wide range of experience so if you have more or less than these exact roles, please still apply!
* Bread puns encouraged but not required
Our Tech Stack
Toast’s products run on a stack that ranges from guest and restaurant-facing Android tablets to backend services in Java to internal, guest-facing and restaurant-facing web apps. Our backend services follow a microservice architecture written using Java/Kotlin and DropWizard; we use AWS extensively, ranging from S3 to RDS to Lambda. We have our own platform for dealing with user management, service elevations and robust load balancing. We store data in Postgres and DynamoDB. We are using Apache Pulsar to communicate between modules. The front-end is built primarily using React and ES6. The main Toast POS application is an Android application written in Java and Kotlin.