Senior Software Engineer - Experiences
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel site, and our Experiences business is a fast-growing part of the organization. With the world’s largest selection of bookable experiences coupled with unparalleled traveler insights, we’re evolving the entire attractions industry.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Experiences team in its office near North Station in downtown Boston. In this role you will help us build and improve our platform that makes it easy for our customer to find and book experiences online as well as help travel industry vendors that provide these experiences to expand their reach. As part of this role ability to write efficient code across the entire stack is a must, however, much of the architectural design and development will be in the area of back-end service development.
- You have a B.S of higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- You have at least 5+ years of software development experience.
- You have a strong foundation in algorithms, data structures and modular design.
- You have done system level software design in addition to implementing features.
- You have mid to high scale application development experience, where issues of computational efficiency and parallelism were essential.
- You have hands on experience with at least one OO language (Java, C#, etc).
- You have good analytical skills.
- You have in the past and have a desire to continue coaching and mentoring junior engineers.
- You have a strong desire to learn new things and work in a rapidly changing environment.
Exposure to these technologies is a plus but not required
- Amazon Web Service (ECS, Elastic Beanstalk, EC2, S3)
- Serverless environments (Lambda or similar)
- MySQL or similar RDBMS
- Java and Scala
- Ebean ORM