Senior Software Engineer, Employee Cloud
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to play a meaningful role on a new and growing team responsible for transforming the way restaurants manage and connect with their employees. The team will need to solve a wide spectrum of engineering problems: reliability, availability, scale, new features, and new products.
About this roll*:
- Crafting, building and maintaining high performance, flexible and highly scalable web and mobile applications
- Participating in designing, estimating effort, implementing, testing, debugging, configuring, integrating and documenting database, middle-tier and front-end code
- Diagnosing performance bottlenecks and implementing optimizations
- Building new features and products
- Surveying and evaluating available technology options
- Actively contributing to product design and roadmap discussions
- Participating in code reviews
- Mentoring other team members
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Proficient in a modern object-oriented programming language
- Passionate about building great software
- An interest and commitment to continuous learning
- Known for having a get unblocked attitude
*Bread puns encouraged, not required