Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
DevX handles all the build and test engineering at Toast, as well as significant portions of Toast’s Development Platform. As a senior engineer in DevX you will be deeply involved in building out our high-scaling ‘Build, Test, Deliver’ platform, and designing and building new applications both front and backend, for the development platform. All this at a mighty scale!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Utilize strong Java/Kotlin skills to build and extend our high scaling internal pipeline systems and development platform
- Improve the look, feel, and usability of UIs that we steward
- Lead by example with code standards and design; help implement these across both the DevX team and R&D in general
- Interact with Toast’s development teams; our tools should ease their process
- Extend our cloud-based pipeline and testing infrastructure, including greenfield scenarios. Sometimes what we need does not exist yet!
- Work with a wide array of technologies including Java/Kotlin-based micro services and APIs; Docker containers; AWS Cloud infrastructure and Terraform automation systems, Jenkins and CI services; and a physical device farm for automated hardware testing
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- A tool maker at heart who enjoys empowering others
- A love of automation
*Bread puns encouraged but not required