Senior Software Engineer, CloudHealth by VMware at CloudHealth by VMware
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Service Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. We are searching for dedicated and versatile engineers, who are passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about innovation and fixated on delivering software products that solve our customers’ most challenging business needs. As a Senior Member of Technical Staff for the Partners team, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant and direct impact on our products, platform, and tackle some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
The Partners team is building a unique version of the CloudHealth platform; one that caters specifically to our Channel Partners. As these strategic partners have played a crucial role in our growth, you too will play a crucial role with your innovation and passion. This unique version gives our channel partners visibility into one specific or various groups of environments they manage; some managing hundreds or even thousands. Your talent will help our partners to optimize their business. This is an exciting and challenging role that gives you an opportunity to contribute.
Why we're excited about you:
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You want to successfully drive definition, architecture, and timely delivery of software in an Agile environment. You’re excited by Data Analysis, Systems Management, Cloud Computing, and the customer experience in everything you construct. You’re looking for a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team, Product Management, Architects, and existing engineering teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Produce software designs to support long-term maintainability and extensibility of code.
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD environment.
- Contribute to relevant open source projects.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with end-to-end responsibility for your team’s goals.
- Obsess over quality in the code you write and the product you create.
- Advance your technical and interpersonal skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
- 5+ years of commercial software development experience.
- Experience with API-first REST-based microservice development.
- Knowledge about microservices hosted in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure or GCP, preferred).
- Familiarity with cloud security and best practices.
- Experience with cloud-based distributed application scaling and data processing.
- Have worked with data stores (Redis preferred)
- Experience with containerized applications (Docker, Kubernetes or similar, preferred)
- Worked in a multi-threaded programming environment.
- An understanding of team and individual goals and are motivated to accomplish them.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will teach and lean.
- An understanding of why comparative analysis is key to continuous improvement, innovation, quality, and success.