Senior Software Engineer, Biomation Team at Indigo
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Biomation team, you will help to produce scalable, robust pipelines for running analysis algorithms on genomic data, leading to higher quality microbial products. WIth your knowledge of cloud platforms and desire to automate everything, we will allow the Indigo scientists to gather and analyze data on hundreds of thousands of bacteria and fungi to deliver the best value to the farmers.
Indigo helps farmers increase crop yields and reduce reliance on chemicals by treating seeds with naturally occurring microbes that help the crop perform under various stress situations. The Biomation team helps the Research and Development organization push large amounts of data about the microbiome through analysis and machine learning pipelines to determine the best and most beneficial microbes.
As a software engineer at Indigo, you’ll:
- Work with product managers and data scientists to take analysis scripts and put them in a scalable environment
- Identify pain points and bottlenecks in the genomic data flow and deliver solutions for them
- Provide consultations on software processes and best practices to the data science engineers where appropriate.
- Participate in code reviews and mentor other engineers
- You love all things cloud and understand how to leverage different technologies to deliver scalability.
- You understand software architecture and how to examine different technologies, weigh the pros and cons, and make the right decision to solve the problem at hand.
- You have a passion for automation and removing friction from users.
- You can talk to non technical end users and understand their requirements for a technical solution to a problem.
- You have plenty of experience with Python and have demonstrated ability to write robust, well documented code.
- You have a positive attitude and are always looking to learn new things.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Memphis, TN, with additional offices in Boston, MA, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.